Happy New Year!

Hi Chickadee Fam-Jams! I have missed you!

Happy New Year!

We wish you all the happiness, good health and wonderful times for 2017!

I hope you had a wonderful holiday with your families! We are so looking forward to seeing the children tomorrow, with their big smiles and stories!

I bet they have grown!!! 🙂

Tomorrow is going to be a great first day back! Just to prepare your kiddos: we will start the day with our routines of coming into the school, putting Mr. Zippy in our basket, signing in and singing our morning songs! We will read our morning message together using “shared-reading”, talk about our holidays and reflect over the holidays using our “Hot News”, using pictures and writing! We will also be talking about our New Year goals and making a fun craft at the tables during centre time! Before lunch, we will be doing Victor‘s show and tell as he is our Kinderstar tomorrow!!!!

We will be going to the gym for the first time ever after our outside play!!!Our gym at KHPS is finally ready!!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeee! We will establish routines and rules for the gym and play some cooperative games! Our gym equipment should be arriving soon!

Madame McCurry (along with Mrs. McCarthy) will be with the children in the afternoon and I know she has some fun, new French activities for the children! She will be speaking more French with the children and using less English!

*Special news:…. Mrs. Goyal will be returning to KHPS on Monday, January 23. In the meantime, we will have some guest ECE teachers fill in until she returns.

** Reminder: Please label all your child’s mittens, neck warmers, boots, jackets,snow pants etc! It is amazing just how many black mittens our kiddos are wearing! Thank-you for your cooperation!

January Calendar and scholastic book order forms will be sent home tomorrow in Mr. Zippy! Here is a soft copy if you want to print it, let me know if I’ve made some errors!

jan. cal.17

Looking forward to seeing your kiddos tomorrow! Back to routine we go! I honestly LOVE January in Kindergarten! So much fun and learning!

Wishing everyone a great night!

Love, Ms. Jo-Anne 🙂