Happy Thursday! No school for students Friday!

Hi!

Wasn’t that quite the windy, blustery, rainy, then sunny, then cloudy day???

Well despite the unpredictable weather today, it worked out perfectly for us as we were able to go outside at both scheduled outdoor play times! Yay!

It was a great day, I am happy to say we had 2 very good play times, the children played very well and completed their pumpkin counting activity, painted pumpkin pictures at the painting centre, played puzzles with Mr. Kneebone and played cooperatively and shared the toys at our various centres!…and it was an exceptional day because all of our friends listened to their bodies and used the washroom when they needed to and we had no accidents! Yay!!! This is very normal at the beginning of JK and please don’t worry if your child has an accident, we are here to help the children and teach them to listen to their bodies while they play!:)

We have been talking about pumpkins and more specifically how they grow. We read a cute story about Pooh growing a pumpkin! This is one of my favourite books to read, Pooh gets very confused about growing a pumpkin because he doesn’t know that first the pumpkin starts out as a seed, then a vine, then a flower which turns into a small green ball and then eventually it grows into a big orange pumpkin! Not only does the pumpkin grow, but so does Pooh’s tummy as he has eaten so much honey as he sits and watches and takes good care of his pumpkin!!

Just a “few” details about next week:

1) Friday October 21 is a PA day, there is no school for students! I hope the children (and you too) have a wonderful 3 days together. I believe that the children really deserve an “extra” day off as they have been working so hard here at school. We try to make the learning fun but let’s face it, every day, all day is exhausting for 3 and 4 year olds! They are doing so well at following rules and routines, printing their names, listening, raising their hands, sharing and learning letters and numbers! I wish my little friends a happy day off!

2) Scholastic Book order forms and cheques are due to school on Tuesday October 24th, please.

3) Picture Retakes are on Friday October 28th. Please send in your envelope if you are choosing to do this on Friday.

4) Due to the reorganization of our school, our French,gym, computers and library times have changed. I will send a copy of our new schedule at the end of next week when I send out November’s calendar. Thanks for your patience with this as we learn our new schedule and make it work for our students!

5) Having said that… Library Day is on Day 1 which is on Thursday October 27th. I am going to try to do library and computers during the same period and we’ll see if that works out or not.

Next Week’s Plan:

We will continue to talk about the lifecycle of a pumpkin, including doing a science sequencing activity. We are putting out a pumpkin at our nature table and we will be having the students feel and explore the insides of pumpkins. (Don’t worry, we will have gloves if needed!) We will paint pumpkins for our pumkin patch, learn our poem “5 pumpkins sitting on a gate” and “Jack O Happy” and talk about the letter Pp. We will be making jack-o-lanterns and ghost lanterns and by the end of the week we will begin talking about Halloween!! We will be making our “house corner” into a Halloween House over the week too! Can’t wait!

I will have details about our Halloween celebration to you on Monday! We will be asking the children to bring in their costumes in plastic bags, please no accessories (like swords, guns etc). Thanks!

If you would like to donate a pumpkin(any size) to our nature table, please feel free to send a pumpkin with your child or drop it off at the office.

Thanks! 🙂 Please let me know on the blog if you don’t mind, that way we don’t end up with 24 pumpkins! haha!

Have a wonderful weekend! Mr. Kneebone and I will be working together with our Kinderteam to further our learning and professional growth! We look forward to seeing the boys and girls back at school on Monday!

Ms. Jo-Anne 🙂

5 thoughts on “Happy Thursday! No school for students Friday!

1. Thanks, Ms. JoAnne for the details. Although Grace looks tired after going back home, she really enjoys her day at school and very happy to go to school everyday.

Yes, Grace will bring a small pumpkin on Monday.

Have a good PA day.

2. Ms Jo-Anne, Thank you for all the hard work. Syena is more than happy to come to school every day and she will bring a pumpkin on Monday. Have a great weekend.