Today was a great day!

chickadee-on-branchHello,  “Chickadee dot” families!

I hope this blog entry finds you having a nice quiet evening!

Is everyone asleep??

The children had a very good,  no amazing, first day here at Kanata Highlands! They did a lot of listening, following routines, trying their best, playing, colouring, looking at books, eating lunch and playing outside! That’s exhausting for a 3, 4 or 5 year old!!!

Our day consisted of  many great activities such as learning our morning routines and songs, playing with the various centres in the classroom, listening to the story, “The Kissing Hand” by Audrey Penn. I hope your child told you about the secret of the “Kissing Hand”. 519c6ypwx7l-_sl500_aa300_

Mrs. Bennett also came in at the end of the day to do some songs and movement with them! So much fun but very exhausting for a Kindergarten student!

Did your child sing our  “chickadee, dee, dee, dee dot” motto to you tonight???

Mrs.  McCarthy, Mrs. Goyal and I were very pleased how well the day went!

We look forward to seeing all of our chickadee dot children tomorrow! All SKs and all JKs. I apologize for the confusion around this.

Here are a few pictures from today for you to enjoy!

img_20681

All set…just waiting for kiddos to arrive!

img_20531

Dressing up as a princess

img_20491

Learning the routines of undressing

img_20621

hiiiiiiiiii!

img_20501

Play time

img_20631

Our first colouring on the first day!

img_20651

Mrs. Bennett (one of our Woodpecker Kindergarten class teacher) comes to sing and do movement with our class

Thanks for subscribing to my blog!

Love, Ms. Jo-Anne 🙂

PS. Thank you for sending in all of the forms, family pictures, school supplies and 20$ donation!Much appreciated during this busy time of year!